Bar-code labels are commonly converted out of paper, polyester (PET) or polypropylene. And adhesive, whichever the spec, is almost always permanent and not meant to be removed. Permanent adhesive (high-tack or regular) is usually used, unless the products are stored in the freezer, where you would need a freezer grade label adhesive.
Paper general purpose applications.
Polyester (PET) durable, long-term outdoor applications.
Polypropylene short-term, high moisture applications.
- used for corrective bar-code labeling/to label over an incorrectly printed bar-code
- they are totally opaque
- can be uncoated, matte, semi-gloss or high gloss
- used to bar-code label electronics
- silver in color
- used to bar-code label poly food packaging/moisture resistance
- used to bar-code label industrial products (short-term/cold conditions), i.e. lumber/chemical, etc…